UCCS recognizes there are few better ways to learn than by experience. International travel and education is experiential learning at its best and challenges us to"Reach Higher."
Through education abroad students are able to enrich their personal lives, broaden their world view, and build multicultural understanding by learning to appreciate and understand other cultures and people. They become culturally perceptive citizens who are better prepared for careers in the global marketplace. Education abroad promotes transformative learning experiences along with global competencies, academic scholarship, and foreign language acquisition.
The Education Abroad Office fosters these outcomes through:
• Identifying and developing safe, affordable, academically sound, and geographically and culturally diverse education abroad experiences.
• Guiding students in the selection of programs that meet their academic, professional and personal goals.
• Advising students throughout the education abroad process from beginning to end (which includes but is not limited to providing assistance in program selection, visa requirements, and international travel orientation).
• Equipping students with the knowledge and competencies necessary to enhance their education abroad experience.
• Promoting high-quality education abroad programs in partnership with UCCS faculty/staff, public/private sector institutions, and other universities and organizations.
• Increasing participation in education abroad programs and providing accessible opportunities for all students, including those traditionally underrepresented in education abroad.
• Advocating the use of international education as a tool for strengthening and expanding UCCS institutional identity in the United States and abroad.
Education abroad opportunities include study, service-learning, and internship options that can be undertaken through University exchanges, direct enrollment programs, and affiliate programs. Courses taken abroad can be aligned with students' major and minor program requirements and may be used to satisfy general education and elective requirements.
"Reach Higher" through Education Abroad!